Saturday, November 27, 2010

Show Time!

  I am cast in a show for Elkhart Civic Theatre. It is an Agatha Christie play entitled, "And Then There Were None". I have a small part. I think I have eleven lines. But I don't care that it is small. I love being in shows and working with the rest of the cast to present as entertaining and as professional a play as we can.  I love becoming a different person and developing the character to have a different personality than my own.

The picture is from another murder mystery I did. I was "Aunt Lilly" in "Postmortem". Rats, I can't find my script to tell you who it is written by, and I don't want to look for it right now.  But, anyway, Aunt Lilly was one of my favorite characters that I have been so far.

Soon, I will be learning my lines and developing my character. I will learn my entrances and where I am to stand when I deliver my lines on the stage. (We call that "blocking" in theater.) I will find my costumes and learn what props I am to carry while I am on stage. I already know that  one of my lines is the opening line of the whole play. I'm excited about that!

If you want to learn more about community theater, I would recommend that you visit Theatregeeks.com on the internet. The director of the play that I am going to be in, Dave Dufour, is one of the contributors and maybe even the creator of the web site. It is a great place to learn about what community theater is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment